Kadlec RN Residency – Winter 2021 Cohort in Richland, Washington
Kadlec has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse Resident to join our growing organization!
Shift Details May Include:
Full or Part Time, 0.9, 0.6 or 45, 12 hour variable shifts (primarily days or nights).Shifts include weekends.
Full or Part Time, 1.0, 0.75 or 0.5, 8/10 hour variable shifts. Shifts include weekends.
About our Residency Program:
Our Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses into practice emphasizing inter-professional, collaborative, and patient-centered care. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom based learning, clinical simulation, skills development and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. Our Core Fundamentals program is designed to support new graduate professional development through their first year of practice.
Applicants who successfully meet the minimum and preferred requirements of the position will be sent a pre-screening text interview. Second round live virtual interviews will be determined following the completion of the test pre-screening. Residency start dates will vary based on unit training dates, typically January through February.
Resident opportunities may be available in the following departments:
• Acute Care (4RP/6RP**/7RP/8RP)
• Birth Center
• Cath Lab*
• Clinical Decision Unit (Observation)
• Emergency/Free Standing Emergency Department
• Inpatient Rehabilitation
• Intensive Care Unit
• Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU)
• Operating Room (OR)*
• Peri-Anesthesia Unit (Pre/Post Op)*
• Resource Team (Float Pool)
• Stepdown Unit
• Wound Healing Clinic
*Positions may include call
**6RP includes Acute Care & Inpatient Oncology
• Nursing degree/diploma upon hire required
• All Registered Nurses without a Bachelor's of Nursing (BSN) degree or higher must obtain a BSN within 3 years from date of hire required
• Active Washington State RN licensure required
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS required. Additional unit-applicable certifications such ACLS, PALS, TNCC may also be required
Graduation from an accredited nursing school and/or a recent graduate who has completed a pre-licensure nursing program, typically within the last 12 months required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN) preferred
• Certification in related specialty area preferred
• Unit specific Practicum and/or Nurse Extern experience preferred
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
As a Registered Nurse you provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. You are also accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
• Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
• Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
• Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
• Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
• Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
• Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —
Provide safe compassionate care. We promise to answer the call of every person we serve; to know them, care for them and ease their way. We are committed to safety, compassion, respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence and collaboration.
Located in sunny Tri-Cities, WA, Kadlec is the largest non-profit healthcare provider in the region. Kadlec is the premier choice for customer service excellence, providing compassionate healthcare to the region by combining cutting-edge technology and innovation with evidence-based, patient-focused care. Kadlec is proud to be part of Planetree (Planetree.org) and continues to be recognized nationally as a “Best in Class Employer”. Kadlec does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Law. EOE. To learn more, click here: https://kadlec.jobs/about-us/
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 271977